When it comes to discovering the health benefits of ginger, you’d be surprised just how much this spice can do. Ginger is among the healthiest and one of the most delicious spices on the planet and is highly effective against nausea. It’s said to be the perfect remedy to treat pregnancy-related nausea – morning sickness, possesses anti-inflammatory properties to reduce muscle pain and soreness, and significantly reduces menstrual pain. Ginger has also been linked to lowered cholesterol levels, helps prevent cancer, improves brain function, and can help fight off infections.
When infused with all the health benefits of honey, it quickly becomes a must-have addition to your daily routine.
- 1 cup of Swan Natural Raw Valley Honey
- 1 tsp of finely chopped ginger root
- A pinch of ground ginger
- Pour 1 cup of Swan Valley Honey into the pan and add 1 tablespoon of finely chopped ginger root. You can add a pinch of ground ginger for extra taste, completely optional.
- Heat for around 10 minutes at 35 degrees C, making sure not to go over 40 degrees C.
- Take off the heat and let mixture infuse for around 2 hours. After infusion, strain if you like, and then place into jar.
- If crystals form, set the honey (in its jar) in a pot of gently simmered water. The crystals will “melt” and your honey will be smooth again.
Shelf life is 6 months – 18months, store in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
TIP : Great in a cup of tea or just in boiled water for when you have an upset tummy or when you have a cold. Ginger helps with circulation, flushing of toxins and helps get rid of aches and chills. The honey ginger infusion is also great for minor abrasions, apply when cooled and cover with gauze can help speed up healing process. Anti-inflammatory, cleanse sinus.